If you’d like to be a guest sign up: https://calendly.com/tamitran Here is good news. Here is positivity. Here is Happy Grateful Blessed With Tami Tran. We will showcase incredible people and their amazing stories; entrepreneurs making waves within their communities while still staying true to their roots; artists showing off their one of a kind talents. Meet interesting people in Kaysville and learn about their stories. You’ll also discover new shops, restaurants, and people to help you fall in love with this wonderful world. And now, without further ado, Kaysville’s Mayor, Small Business Owner, Avid Note Taker….Tami Tran.
Friday Oct 07, 2022
Friday Oct 07, 2022
Mayor Dawn Ramsey of South Jordan won her second Mayoral term last November by receiving an overwhelming 91.64% of the votes. She's loved by her city, highly respected by her peers and a friend to everyone. Dawn's passion for service began at a very young age. She's a natural-born leader and skilled public speaker. Her official biography (below) is from the South Jordan City Website: https://www.sjc.utah.gov/Directory.aspx?EID=14
"Mayor Dawn R. Ramsey took office January 1, 2018. During her time in office, she has maintained a determined focus on public safety, economic development, preservation of open space, education, transportation infrastructure, access to opportunity, collaboration, representation for her city at every level, and working to guarantee that South Jordan will continue to maintain its high quality of life far into the future. Under her leadership, South Jordan continues to achieve extraordinary progress and success.
Mayor Ramsey's passion for the City of South Jordan stems from her years of service in the community. During her service on the Utah PTA Board of Directors and as Region Director over all schools in the Jordan District, she spent thousands of hours with parents, teachers, administrators, legislators and state organizations advocating for the health, safety, and educational opportunities of every child across the state.
She currently serves as the President of the Jordan Education Foundation, working to engage the community and local business leaders to help bridge the gap in education funding, providing resources that enhance educational experiences, strengthening students, and fueling success in Jordan School District. She has also served on the Boards of several nonprofits with nearly 20 years of experience managing and leading large organizations.
Prior to taking office, Mayor Ramsey also did a monthly television segment on Fox 13's The Place, discussing topics that concern families in Utah-including early intervention, service opportunities, suicide prevention, finding resources, helping children be involved in the community, and how parents and grandparents can engage in their child's education.
Mayor Ramsey is a master at public relations and collaboration. Her experience in the public and private sectors, commitment to family and community, and love for the City of South Jordan, coupled with her vision, leadership, and dedication to working with all stakeholders to plan for continued growth has prepared her well for her role as Mayor for the City of South Jordan.
Mayor Ramsey was born and raised in the Salt Lake Valley and has lived in Utah all her life. She is a sixth generation Utahn and is proud of her pioneer heritage. She attended Salt Lake Community College, the University of Utah, and Brigham Young University.
Mayor Ramsey is most proud of her role as wife, mother, and new grandmother. Her husband Dan works as an IT Executive and together their greatest joy is their six children. The Ramsey's have lived in South Jordan for over 17 years and are a community-service minded family, with each member spending countless hours volunteering time and talents to various civic, non-profit, school, and church organizations and events.
Mayor Ramsey is extremely proud to represent South Jordan and appreciates all who donate their time and talents for the success of the City. There is nowhere she would rather call home."
Mayor Ramsey's Current Boards and Committees:
- Conference of Mayors (COM) Voting Member
- Conference of Governments (COG) Former Chair
- EDCUtah Board of Trustees Public Sector Vice Chair
- Envision Utah Board Member
- Healthy South Jordan Member
- IHC Salt Lake Valley Hospitals Board of Trustees
- IHC Salt Lake Valley Health Community Outreach Committee Member
- Jordan Education Foundation President
- Jordan River Commission Governing Board Member
- Jordan School District Safe Schools Advisory Committee
- Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District (JVWCD) Board of Trustees
- Legislative Policy Committee (LPC) Chair
- Point of the Mountain Stakeholder Working Group Chair
- Point of the Mountain State Land Authority Board of Trustees
- Point of the Mountain Transportation Committee Member
- Resilient Utah Board Member
- Salt Lake County Council of Governments (COG) Chair
- Salt Lake County Council of Governments (COG) Public Works Committee
- South Jordan Chamber of Commerce
- South Valley Sewer Board of Trustees
- Southwest Mayors Coalition Member
- Southwest Salt Lake Valley Caucus (during Legislative Session)
- State Drinking Water Board
- State Growth and Incentives Subcommittee
- State Unified Economic Opportunities Commission
- Utah League of Cities and Towns (ULCT) President
- Uplift Families PR and Education Advisory Committee
- Wasatch Front Regional Growth Committee (WFRC) Chair
- Wasatch Front Regional Growth Committee (WFRC) Board of Directors
- Western Growth Coalition Member
- Women for Utah Co Chair
- Women Mayors Caucus (during Legislative Session)